Outdated Browser Detected

Our website has detected that you are using an outdated browser. Using your current browser will prevent you from accessing features on our website.For the best experience, we recommend updating your browser.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Final Fore  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 12:18:50 PM(UTC)
Final Fore

Groups: Registered

Hi - I am wanting to switch our league from scoring from earning to a scoring by results this year and have a few questions.

1 - Why is it that I can't have a private league that uses custom tiers with the scoring from result categories? I would like to be able to have two tiers, but still use the result scoring system so we can multiply the points for a set number of tier A golfers.

2 - I like the addition of the checkbox for the option to carry over rosters if someone forgets to set one, but since we are using segments and the Majors will be their own special event with more golfers on a roster, it won't let me check that box because my roster size changes. Is it possible to have the rosters carry over when the tournament is the same size, but not when the roster size changes?

3 - In regards to the result category scoring, does the 'Points for shooting a low round' go to all players who shoot the same low round or how does that work? Ex, if 4 players all shoot 65, would they all get the points for the low round? Also, is it possible to have a category for low score for each of the 4 days?

Thanks!
Bigcats82  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 10:04:31 PM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hey Final Fore,

1. The weighted team selection was intended for earnings scoring when originally designed, and unfortunately hasn't been updated to work with the other scoring types at this time. We have an item to get it updated in the future and it simply needs to get prioritized with our other work efforts.

2. That is a good suggestion. I will look into the possibility of adding functionality to still carry over rosters when the previous roster sizes are the same. To be honest, this will most likely not happen this season but I will definitely put it on the list.

3. If 4 players shoot the same round, they all get the assigned points (the points are NOT split up between them). This bonus is for each of the 4 days. So the low round each day of the tournament would get get these points.

Thanks,
Matt
Final Fore  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 10:31:48 AM(UTC)
Final Fore

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the reply Matt!

I appreciate the consideration - I think we are still going to try the results based scoring. Hopefully next year, you guys could add the tiers for that scoring method as well.

One last request (probably for next year) is if you think you could add a 4th and 5th place finish to the results based scoring.

Thanks!

Marcus
Bigcats82  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 6:12:37 PM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi Marcus,
I will look into adding additional places for the results category scoring.

Thanks,
Matt