Outdated Browser Detected

Our website has detected that you are using an outdated browser. Using your current browser will prevent you from accessing features on our website.For the best experience, we recommend updating your browser.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jcooperman  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2015 9:47:07 AM(UTC)
jcooperman

Groups: Registered

Got the email update today about the new features and think they are great. I also like the new look of the site this year.

I want to go back to a request I have been asking about and that is a real time scoreboard. What I mean is that when a tournament is in progress, the overall scoreboard and the tournament scoreboard don't reflect the current active tournament. Those pages only update after the tournament is complete.

What I would love to see is the overall standings updated in real time along with the current active tournament. This way I can log in on a Sunday morning and see where I stand headed into the last day.

Overall, love the site, and thanks for everything.

Jeff
Bigcats82  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 3, 2015 9:27:02 AM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Thanks for the suggestion Jeff.

We definitely have plans to do real-time/live scoring. At this point we are not sure if it will be real-time updates to the overall season standings or just real-time scoring for the current tournament standings. Calculating live scoring for the entire season standings becomes difficult because of the sizes of some of our leagues.

At the moment, we are currently developing weekly golfer value updates. This will allow golfer salaries and tiers to update from week to week. (Currently they remain the same throughout the entire season)

Once that is complete, live scoring will be at the top of our list.

Thanks,
Matt
jcooperman  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2015 11:58:46 AM(UTC)
jcooperman

What is the update on the weekly golfer value updates? Currently, I need to re-group my tiers each week based on which golfers are in the field. Any way to make this process easier?

Thanks!
Bigcats82  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2015 10:28:37 PM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Man
United States

This "weekly golfer values" update will be implemented for next season. We cannot deploy this change mid-season because it would cause issues for ongoing leagues.

Next season you will no longer need to update your tiers week to week. It will all be done automatically.

Thanks,
Matt
jcooperman  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 1:47:11 PM(UTC)
jcooperman

Hi Matt - regarding the weekly golfer values update - will that work if I choose to have 4 tiers in my league? or will it only work on the 3 tier default.

I like the idea of 2 from the A group, 2-B group, 1-C group and 1-D group. Let me know, that would be great!

Thanks
Jeff
Bigcats82  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 6, 2015 3:03:12 PM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Man
United States

Hi Jeff,
Our weekly golfer values only work for the default salary setup and the default tier setup. So it would only work with the 3 tiers.

Thanks,
Matt
jcooperman  
#7 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2016 12:30:52 PM(UTC)
jcooperman

Thanks Matt, looking forward to another season. How do you decide which golfers go into which tier? Do you always have x% of the field in each tier?

Thanks,
Jeff
Bigcats82  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 7:07:12 PM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Man
United States

Hi Jeff,
For the weekly updated tiers, we break them up by percentages. This will fix issues in the past when we had tournaments with not enough golfers to choose from in a particular tier, due to the strength of the field. Now there is a formula that ranks the golfers and then breaks them up by percentages.

-Matt