Outdated Browser Detected

Our website has detected that you are using an outdated browser. Using your current browser will prevent you from accessing features on our website.For the best experience, we recommend updating your browser.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Harry Rule 35  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2019 1:43:31 PM(UTC)
Nostra-gam-es

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Going over my old records I came across this old post I created for newbies on the old Yahoo system .. I think its quite funny and some what applies today,

You simply start with a roster of 8 players (2xA-4xB-2xC) You then set your team for the Thursday round using 4 players and the other 4 remain on the bench. The bench players can be inserted and benched any time during the 4 rounds provided the team is set prior to the dead line. The Lowest Real round of the day scores that person 20 points and every one else is 2 points less for every shot back. The first tournament is a no cut tourney so you should score well but what normally happens is that every year that your A Players decides to go for a swim in the early hours of the morning just after the deadline and ends up cutting his hand on the coral causing him to be a WD (Withdrawn) Your benched A Player then shoots a course record and scores you a big fat 0 because you had him on the bench. You naturally switch players due to the other being a WD and your bench player who is now your starter shoots 76, 78, 81 over the next 3 days giving you ZERO for your A Players for the week. In your C Section you have a player on your bench who no one in the world has every heard of amassing a career earning of $7.35 for 10 years play on the Dunderklumpet Tour. He shoots 61, 63, 62 over the first three days and should have scored you 60 points BUT YOU HAD HIM ON THE FRIKKEN BENCH. He is now 15 strokes in the lead and a certainty to win and get you BONUS points, so you flip your players and put him in the line up. So excited with his achievement he suffers from a bout of Premature Exuberation and after a consuming copious amounts of the Hawiian Ale he staggers down to the beach where he falls over hitting his head on a peie of drift wood and knocks himself out, the tide comes in and he is then wash out to sea where he is eaten by a hungry shark. As result of this he doesn’t make his tee time in the morning and is DQ’s giving you another big fat 0 for your team. Ahhhhh the joy of fantasy golf. I hope this helps you out understanding how the rules work.