Outdated Browser Detected

Our website has detected that you are using an outdated browser. Using your current browser will prevent you from accessing features on our website.For the best experience, we recommend updating your browser.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bigcats82  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 13, 2020 9:59:06 AM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Due to the cancellation of tournaments, starting with the Players and (hopefully) ending with the Valero Texas Open, Buzz Fantasy Leagues will be taking the following actions.

1. We will be removing all selections for the PLAYERS Championship. This will give teams back the selection they may have lost for the particular golfers they chose. This will make these golfers available for future usage.

2. We will be marking all cancelled tournaments as completed and they will not have tournament results loaded. It will be up to the league commissioners on whether they want to remove the tournaments from their league schedule. Regardless, there will be no leagues standings for any of these tournaments.

We will not be automatically removing tournaments from private leagues because that could have a negative impact on some league segment settings.

If you are a commissioner and you need help removing tournaments from your league, please feel free to reach out to me and I can run scripts to remove tournaments from your league. Otherwise you can do so by using your commissioner tools on the website.

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by user Saturday, March 14, 2020 8:07:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users thanked Bigcats82 for this useful post.
Vlad the Impaler on 3/13/2020(UTC), BRGolfer on 3/13/2020(UTC), askamfer1 on 3/13/2020(UTC), wischusen on 3/14/2020(UTC), Doug815 on 3/15/2020(UTC)
Bigcats82  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 5, 2020 12:31:43 PM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Man
United States

!!!!! MESSAGE TO COMMISSIONERS (and members) !!!!!

Dear Commissioners,
I hope you, your families, friends, and members are all staying safe during these unprecedented times. I am sending this message out to discuss the current fantasy golf season. At the point of writing this message, we have now had 11 tournaments either cancelled or postponed. I received my first commissioner email today asking about refunds, so I figure now is a good time to discuss our plan for the current season.

If the season does start back up, we have every intention of continuing as per usual. When that will happen remains to be seen. If your league decides that it does not want to continue and would like your money refunded, please contact me and I can make that happen. If you want to ride the season out, you can do that as well. It was asked if we would give credit for next season as an option, and that is not in the plans for us as it would just delay/extend the financial implications. If you feel as though you would like me to refund your money, please contact me directly if you have my email (many of you do) or use the contact form on the website.

I try to be as transparent as I can be with the website, so I will share that all of our expenses still exist even though all income has halted. Our main revenue streams are the private leagues we service and the advertising income from the banner ads. Since all traffic to the website has halted the revenue from ads has as well, and obviously no new private leagues are being purchased. But in order to keep the lights on, we still need to pay for servers, email services, and other business related expenses. I'd ask that you please keep that in mind when making your decision. But at the same time, I fully understand that many of you are financially impacted during this time and that extra $50 to $125 could go a long way. So I am more than happy to provide full refunds for the leagues that decide to call it quits for this year.

Again, I hope all of our website members, their families, and friends are staying safe and well during this tough time.

Best Wishes,
Matt Schroeder
Bigcats82  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:34:10 AM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Man
United States

I have updated the season schedule based on the new schedule communicated by the PGA Tour. I have adjusted dates for the tournaments that were rescheduled, updated the cancelled tournaments, and moved the Masters, U.S. Open, and the Puntacana events to the next season.

All commissioners should review their league schedule and make any necessary adjustments. It is extremely important for leagues that break their seasons into separate segments to do this. Because tournaments were moved around, your segments will most likely need to be adjusted.

To adjust your league schedules, follow these steps:

1. Go to your league commissioner page
2. Click "Update Tournaments"
3. Adjust your selected tournaments and segment settings
4. Click the "Update" button

Please reach out to me over email if you need any assistance.

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by user Saturday, April 18, 2020 10:39:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bigcats82  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2020 9:23:22 AM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Man
United States

I'm getting a lot of requests from commissioners to be able to include the U.S. Open and the Masters in the 2019-2020 schedule after the Tour Championship. The system cannot run tournaments in two separate seasons. There are complexities around closing the books for one season and starting a new season.

Here is my offer to those commissioners wanting to include those tournaments:

If you want to include the U.S. Open and the Masters, you can create a new league after the new season is set up and include those two majors. Reach out to me through email and I can waive the fee and mark the league as paid for you. You'd need to marry the two leagues manually outside of the website functionality.
thanks 2 users thanked Bigcats82 for this useful post.
shellman19 on 5/4/2020(UTC), mbonner001 on 7/6/2020(UTC)