Outdated Browser Detected

Our website has detected that you are using an outdated browser. Using your current browser will prevent you from accessing features on our website.For the best experience, we recommend updating your browser.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Skyfish  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2019 6:03:42 AM(UTC)
Skyfish

Groups: Registered

Hello,
I know its maybe a bit far fetched but I still wanted to try it out :)

I love your Live Scoring option however I have a few questions related to usability/interface:

1- -> In our League -to reflect ex-Yahoo scoring- we have 20/10/5 point bonuses at the END of the tournament for 1st/2nd/3rd place.
Now the problem is that Live Scoring applies those bonuses automatically IN ROUND and also after each round - which completely screws the REAL scoring since those bonuses are NOT applied in/after each round.
So this results in basically false scoring which defeats the purpose of LIVE SCORING πŸ˜”
Could you please remove the bonus scoring in/during all rounds except on LAST round of each tournament? That would be super useful!!

2-> Related to the above point, could you possibly find a way or place to provide Tournament Standings for a League after EACH round? This could be an alternative if #2 is not possible since right now the only way to know the in-tournament standings is to use Live Scoring (but the scores are not correct).

3-> Less important: Why bury the actual Live Scoring screen all the way down the page UNDER the chat screens?
It would be so much better to make the Live Leaderboard screen visible all the way at the top of the page
and more logical to have the chat screens under (some ppl in my league did not even see the scoring when they clicked on that page...)

THANKS A LOT for your consideration πŸ˜ƒ
Bigcats82  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 10:59:39 AM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hello Skyfish,

1. I believe the scoring is working as expected and it only counts the 1st/2nd/3rd bonus once, and not for each round. Live scoring represent points based on current state, and I believe your live scoring is accurate. I will send you a separate email with screenshots to explain further. But for example, Matt Kuchar is currently in first place and has three rounds. He is in 1st place overall which is worth 20 points. He scored 16 points for round 1, 18 points for round 2, and 14 points for round 3. So 16+18+14+20 equals 68 which is what our live scoring is showing for your league.

2. We do not have a mechanism for updating standings every round. We only update standings when the tournament results are made official, to limit the amount of incorrect league standings (and corrections) that may occur.

3. I will add this to our feature request list.

Thanks,
Matt

Skyfish  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2019 2:30:01 PM(UTC)
Skyfish

Thx for your reply!!

I did not mean to say that its "inaccurate"

So what I mean is that in Round 1,2 & 3 - the live scoring is not "real" as it adds the 20/10/5 bonuses during the rounds.
But since Kuchar might not be in 1st place in Round 4 then his 20pt bonus should not be counted - whereas the points earned by each player during the round are definite once the round is finished.

So the issue now is that if I want to check my position at end of round, since you dont have standings after each round, I have to look at Live Scoring and subtract the bonuses from the total from each player to get the β€œreal” score. Because the chance that the #1, 2 or 3 score will be the exact same at the end of the tournament when the bonuses are awarded is near-zero.
Do you see what I mean?

If there was an option to show the bonuses but NOT add them to Total when its Round 1,2,3 (or not final round) then it would be ideal πŸ˜€
Bigcats82  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2019 1:46:44 PM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Skyfish Go to Quoted Post
Thx for your reply!!

So what I mean is that in Round 1,2 & 3 - the live scoring is not "real" as it adds the 20/10/5 bonuses during the rounds.
But since Kuchar might not be in 1st place in Round 4 then his 20pt bonus should not be counted - whereas the points earned by each player during the round are definite once the round is finished.

Live scoring is never the "real" score. It is the projected score based on the time that you are looking at the results. If you look at the live scoring mid-round, and Kuchar has the lowest to-par score at the time, you have the same dilemma as the bonus points. He could bogey the next three holes and his point value for that round is going to change. That's kind of the point of the live scoring.

As for the updating of standings round by round, that will likely depend on if we integrate round by round lineup changes.

I will also look into what it would take to create a new configurable option to turn off bonus points in live scoring.
Skyfish  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 7:46:01 AM(UTC)
Skyfish

Thank you very much!
Really appreciate you looking into it - and understand all your points.
Skyfish  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:27:02 AM(UTC)
Skyfish

Quote:

Live scoring is never the "real" score. It is the projected score based on the time that you are looking at the results. If you look at the live scoring mid-round, and Kuchar has the lowest to-par score at the time, you have the same dilemma as the bonus points.

Just to come back on this point: what I was trying to explain here is that because there is no end of round standings we end up using Live Scoring to check our standings at the end of each round - and that score, without the bonus- will NOT change anymore.
You know what I mean?
So to compensate for a lack of feature we end up mis-using using another feature πŸ˜‰

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:27:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bigcats82  
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:45:53 AM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Man
United States

I understand.

I will look into this. The issue is that earnings are not official (they are simply projected) until the end of the tournament. So updating league standings will result in incorrect standings for leagues that score by earnings. And actually, it would cause issues for all leagues that don't score round by round...

I think the best option here is to have a league setting to include/exclude the bonus points in live scoring.