Outdated Browser Detected

Our website has detected that you are using an outdated browser. Using your current browser will prevent you from accessing features on our website.For the best experience, we recommend updating your browser.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Skyfish  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 7:11:03 AM(UTC)
Skyfish

Groups: Registered

Hi All,

In my League I want to have 3 groups of Golfers to choose from (same groups all year - same as how it was in Yahoo Fantasy)
For now I chose the 'standard' groups from FantasyBuzz but I do not understand how they are setup:
- why are golfers like Tony Romo and Tyler McCumber in Group A?
- I understand it could be related to the last tournament but will the groups stay like this all year?
- or will they change every week?

Finally: what is the criteria to make Group A, B and C ?

Thanks for your help,
Skyfish
Harry Rule 35  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 11:00:25 AM(UTC)
Nostra-gam-es

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Once you set the golfers they are set. You can change the pools of the golfers through the commish's app. Not sure why some golfers are in respective pools but might have something to do with limited fields for WGC events where only the top 64 compete or when the Matchplay is on there is an alternate tournament where many of the A Players will be missing. We came accross this problem last year.

Would love to join you league if there are openings, also I run a great H2H league which is open to any one $40 entry with 81 prizes given out league 1183 password Rule35
Bigcats82  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2018 3:25:25 PM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
In general, the A tier contains the best golfer, B is middle ground, and C are the lowest skilled golfers. Over time we have sprinkled in golfers across all tiers because of the Playoff events and the secondary events that don't have the top golfers playing. We had issues in the past were tier A didn't have any golfers or Tier C didn't have any golfers for specific events.