Outdated Browser Detected

Our website has detected that you are using an outdated browser. Using your current browser will prevent you from accessing features on our website.For the best experience, we recommend updating your browser.

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TBLgolf  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 6:43:26 AM(UTC)
TBLgolf

Groups: Registered

In the pre-season draft guide, Patrick Cantlay was Buzz' #2 rated rookie. In the blurb, it said, "...we feel Cantlay will hit the ground running". So my question is, what gives? The kid hasn't played since the Web.com finals last fall. Is he still hurt? If healthy, Northern Trust should be a great event for him, given that Riviera was his home course @UCLA. Should I drop him from my season-long league?
Bigcats82  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 11:40:11 AM(UTC)
Bigcats82

Groups: Administrators
Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
There isn't anything being said on when Cantlay will return from his back injury. To be honest, I'm surprised he has not returned to play yet, since he was battling the back injury when he took 2nd in the Hotel Fitness Championship back in September. The option of the medical exemption scares me a bit, but I still plan on taking him in my season long league that starts in 3 weeks. I believe is THAT good.

If your league has a bench, my opinion would be to keep him on your roster. If you depend on points/earnings every week for every roster spot, you may want to go with someone else.

We still feel he'll hit the ground running, it is the "when" that is the big question...
tonyredd1  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 8:47:19 PM(UTC)
tonyredd1

Groups: Moderator, Registered

My biggest concern for Cantlay is he's falling down the reshuffle list. He currently sits at #34. There has been no word on when he plans on returning. If it becomes too long then the medical exemption becomes a greater possibility. Hopefully some type of word comes from his camp soon. I'd hold onto him for now and hope some word comes by the end of the West Coast Swing.